Get scanning switch access to your iPad Apps, Music, and Photography, with the unique Pretorian TechnologiesSwitch2Scan.
witch2Scan is a unique interface providing comprehensive, scanning, switch access to all iPad® functions - Apps, Music and Media, iBooks® and data entry.
Wirelessly connected to the iPad using Bluetooth 2.1, Switch2Scan is simple to set-up and easy to use with programmable sockets to connect up to 4 wired switches.
Switch2Scan uses either the Voiceover feature available in all releases of iOS or the new Switch Control feature, available in iOS 7. Whichever you choose, Switch2Scan makes scanning the user interface simple.
Manual and automatic scanning modes.
Forward and backward scanning.
On-screen keyboard scanning.
Four scanning speed options.
iBooks mode with page-turner.
Integral button to deploy or hide the on-screen keyboard.
Integral, rechargeable lithium-ion battery via USB lead (supplied).
Pairs directly with iPad through Bluetooth 2.1 without PIN number entry.
Works with iPad 1, 2 , 3, 4 and mini, iPod (3rd and 4th generations) and iPhone (4 and 3 GS).
20 metres (64 feet) operating range.
Please note: Not all Apps support switch scanning, the J-pad is compatible with apps using "space and enter" , " ~1 and ~3" or Voiceover to allow scanning within the App.
Switch access for iPads - Comparison Table
APPlicator for iPad
Switch2Scan for iPad
SimplyWorks for iPad
• Switch access to switch adapted apps. • Switch access to music.
• Those who require simple switch access within apps and simple access to the media player.
• Easy to use default settings support all switch adapted apps. • QuickMedia button takes you straight into controlling your music without changing switch settings. For example, press one switch to play and pause music, press another switch to skip tracks. • Timed play setting - plays music for 10 or 30 seconds each switch press. Great for developing understanding, control and access skills. • Also includes a comprehensive range of programmable functions.
• iPad 1, 2 , 3, 4 and mini. • iPod Touch 3rd and 4th generations. • iPhone 3GS and 4. • Bluetooth. • One to four 3.5mm wired switches. • Charges via USB.
• Switch access to the home screen. • Switch access to switch adapted apps. • Switch access to iBooks.
• Advanced switch users who wish to use the main features of Apple devices and access iBooks.
• Icons or items on the home screen and within most main apps are scanned with a highlight box. Automatic scanning with one, two or three switches. Step scanning with four switches. Four scanning speeds. Full access to iBooks requires four switches. • QuickAccess mode gives you switch access to switch adapted apps once you have navigated to them (requires physical pressing of button on interface).
• iPad 1, 2 , 3, 4 and mini. • iPod Touch 3rd and 4th generations. • iPhone 3GS and 4. • Bluetooth and Voiceover Accessibility feature. • One to four 3.5mm wired switches. • Charges via USB.
• Wireless switch access (it-Switch) for home screen, switch adapted apps, and music. • Wireless joystick access (it-Stick) for home screen and on-screen keyboard. • Wireless keyboard access (it-Keys).
• Those requiring wireless alternative access to Apple devices. For advanced users, the icons or items on the home screen and within most main apps are scanned with a highlight box.
• Icons or items on the home screen and within most main apps are scanned with a highlight box. • Step scanning with four switches or it-Stick.
• iPad 1, 2 , 3, 4 and mini. • iPod Touch 3rd and 4th generations. • iPhone 3GS and 4. • Bluetooth and Voiceover Accessibility feature. • it-Switch (new version), it-Keys, it-Stick, it-Send, it-Send Pro and Smooth Talker (supports up to six transmitters). • Charges via USB.