Vocabulary/ Page Set Options
TouchChat HD is a full-featured communication solution for individuals who have difficulty using their natural voice. TouchChat is designed for individuals with Autism, Down Syndrome, ALS, apraxia, stroke, or other conditions that affect a person's ability to use natural speech.
TouchChat fits into the category of assistive technology known as Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) and includes features that were previously only available in much more expensive dedicated devices. Words, phrases and messages are spoken with a built-in voice synthesizer or by playing recorded message. Various English and Spanish synthesized voices are available, allowing the user to choose a voice that fits their own personality. TouchChat also has a unique feature whereby one can simply tilt the device to make the message expand to fill the screen in large letters. This feature allows a person to communicate silently or in a noisy environment. TouchChat gives an individual the ability to navigate through page sets and speak messages. Page sets are linked pages, each of which is divided into a number of buttons. The buttons are programmed to have specific actions. For example, buttons may be programmed to speak a message, navigate to a different page, change the volume or clear the display. Various page sets are included with the TouchChat: VocabPC, MultiChat-15, and Spelling and available in both English and Spanish options, myQuickChat's are available in English while Sintaxis and Sin Sintaxis files are available in Spanish. Each page set targets individuals with different communication needs. Additional page sets, including WordPower, Gateway and Pixon are available as in-app purchases.
Text generated with TouchChat pages can be shared on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or via iMessage and email. Generate a message, push on the text window and choose a service.
Text from other applications can be copied to TouchChat so that it can be spoken out loud. Also, text generated in TouchChat can be copied to other applications.
The pages, grid layout, buttons, messages, and symbols are fully customizable. Buttons can be easily rearranged by simply dragging them to the desired new location. Buttons can be copied and pasted into a different location. The styling of a button (colors, borders, fonts) can be copied and pasted into another button.
Provided page sets can be modified to create new custom page sets. Select from over 30 button actions when creating new buttons. Over 10,000 Symbolstix symbols are included for customizing buttons. Use any image or take a photo with the built-in camera. Gestures can also be used to navigate to new pages, speak messages, etc.
Button activation timing can be adjusted to meet the needs and capabilities of the user. Adjustments include button dwell time and button release time. Also buttons can be configured to activate on release.
Users can program buttons to play audio files such as music from the media library or video files from the Photo Roll.
Great measures have been taken to protect custom files. Vocabulary files can be imported and exported to a computer using the iTunes file sharing feature. TouchChat also enables users to subscribe to iShare and store custom files for safe keeping, or choose to share customized pages with an online community.
Proloquo2Go is an award-winning symbol-supported communication app providing a voice to over 125,000 individuals who cannot speak. It is designed to promote growth of communication skills and foster language development through research-based vocabularies. Its innovative features provide support for parents, teachers and therapists to implement AAC best practices.
"Users can open Proloquo2Go and begin to use it for effective communication immediately." – Susan Berkowitz, MS-SLP, AAC Consultant.
Proloquo2Go is one of the few AAC apps that covers all users, from beginning to advanced communicators, while catering for a wide range of fine-motor, visual and cognitive skills. It is designed to grow along with the user. The multi-level Crescendo™ vocabulary offers three vocabulary levels in 23 different grid sizes. Users can easily transition as language skills expand whilst customizations are retained. Core words appear in the same location across folders to support learning through motor planning. Through an easy to use template system these benefits also extend to user created folders.
• Pick from research-based Crescendo™ vocabulary levels: Basic Communication, Intermediate Core and Advanced Core
• Choose between 23 grid sizes ranging from 9 to 144 buttons on the screen
• Access 4,750 unique words out of the box and another 7,250 pre-categorized words in storage
• Select the American, British or Australian vocabulary
• Use VocaPriority™ to quickly customize to user interest without deleting or creating buttons
• Create, modify and move buttons with ease
• Pick from over 20,000 SymbolStix symbols or use your own photos
• Transition with minimal re-customization between vocabulary levels as the user's skills grow
• Support learning through motor planning with core words located consistently across folders
• Benefit from fully configurable grammar support for nouns, pronouns, verbs and adjectives
• Configure the Message Window with symbols and text or text-only
• Use the highly configurable PolyPredix™ word prediction in Typing View
• Share messages through Mail, iMessage, Twitter, Facebook and copy/paste
• Create consistent activities using activity templates pre-designed for 23 grid sizes
• Use 7 included templates: Create, Daily Life, Let's Talk, Motor Play, Out & About, Reading, Toys & Games
• Access an even wider range of core words through a popup
• Make quick choices by using Popups
• Configure to Auto-Close popups after making a selection
• Simplify navigation by automatic Snapback to Home or Previous after making a selection
• Download free natural-sounding TTS voices, including 8 genuine children's voices
• Pick from 24 American, 10 British, 4 Australian, 1 Scottish and 1 Indian English voices
• Enjoy ExpressivePower™ with prerecorded expressions and sounds
Accessibility • Vision
• Adjust button spacing and appearance (color, font, border thickness, etc.)
• Benefit from auditory fishing with Select on Release
• Access through Apple's VoiceOver
Accessibility • Fine-motor
• Use Hold Duration and Select on Release to compensate motor challenges
• Scan with configurable built-in switch access with external switches or the screen as a switch
• Access through Apple's Switch Control
Classroom and therapy support
• Start simple and expand vocabulary as needed with minimal effort
• Customize vocabulary and settings per student with multi-user support
• Share folders between users and devices
• Contact our support team 24/7 by email or Facebook
• Learn using the in-app help, online e-learning videos, or downloadable manual and tutorials
• Connect with peers on private Facebook groups or the AssistiveWare Forum
Read more at www.assistiveware.com/proloquo2go
Educational institutions can get a 50% discount when purchasing 20 or more licenses through Apple's educational Volume Purchase Program.
LAMP Words For Life™
LAMP Words For Life™ is a full English vocabulary augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) language app that combines the power of the PRC Unity® language system with Language Acquisition through Motor Planning (LAMP™) principles and strategies. LAMP™ is a therapeutic approach based on neurological and motor learning principles as well as clinical experiences that address the language development and communication needs of children with autism. It provides a consistent motor pattern for words and a systematic way to develop communication skills allowing for unlimited language growth opportunities. More than 10,000 parents, caregivers, teachers, and clinicians have been trained on LAMP™ worldwide and significant gains in communication ability have been witnessed and documented.
The app combines 45 years of PRC experience with the Language Acquisition through Motor Planning approach. It is appropriate for beginning communicators who are just learning that they can affect those around them, to skilled communicators with advanced language skills. Language development in typically developing children occurs through the combination of a consistent motor pattern, the sound that motor pattern produces, and the reaction they get from the environment. LAMP™ presents vocabulary in the same manner so those language connections can be developed.
LAMP Words For Life™ app is symbol based for those who are not yet literate; however, those symbols are paired with text to support literacy development. The vocabulary, structure, and teaching approach are based on research and years of implementation with individuals with autism and other developmental disabilities.
* High quality Ivona text-to-speech voices
* Three developmentally progressive vocabulary files
* Pre-stored core and fringe words
* Vocabulary Builder: Allows chosen words to be visible while the remaining vocabulary is hidden
* Word Finder: Helps the user find where words are stored
* Ability to store customized vocabulary and edit individual buttons
* 7-days free iShare access
* Capability to migrate vocabulary sets to PRC devices
Three vocabulary files within the app support language development from current skill level to throughout life.
An introductory level features 83 core words that are only one touch away. Core words are those words that are most frequently used in speech and can be used in a variety of settings and activities.
A transition level requires a second button to be pressed before hearing those initial 83 core words paired with additional vocabulary. This level allows for the learning of extended motor patterns without the visual distractions of the full vocabulary file.
The full vocabulary file gives the device user access to verb conjugations and word endings such as + s, + er, and + est. It includes 3,000+ words and allows for the customization of personalized vocabulary such as names, favorite foods, and favorite places.
Prentke Romich Company (PRC) is a member of a consortium of companies that are pioneers in the field of assistive technology and augmentative communication. The group includes Prentke Romich Company (USA), Saltillo Corporation (USA), Words + (USA), Liberator Ltd. (UK), Prentke Romich Deutchland (Germany) and Liberator Pty Ltd. (Australia). These companies bring a broad range of products and services to provide the most comprehensive line of AAC solutions in the industry. The employee owners of this consortium, many of whom have been with their organizations for more than 20 years, have dedicated their careers to assisting individuals with disabilities through the use of technology.
Visit aacapps.com for more information on the app and for more information and training on the LAMP™ approach visit www.aacandautism.com.
Grid Player is an Alternative and Augmentative Communication (AAC) App that helps people who cannot speak or who have unclear speech to communicate. Sentences that you create are spoken out loud.
Grid Player is suitable for a wide range of people with communication difficulties, including those who use symbols.
Grid Player is designed for use with The Grid 2, allowing you to play your grids on iPad. If you don't have The Grid 2, you can use Grid Player with four complete grid sets: Symbol Talker A, Symbol Talker B, Talking Photographs and Text Talker Phrasebook.
Please note that you need a Online Grids account to use Grid Player. You can create an account for free within the Grid Player app, or sign in to an existing account.
GRID PLAYER FEATURES
• Over 12,000 Widgit Symbols
• Over 12,000 SymbolStix Symbols
• High-quality male and female voices
• “TouchType” word prediction for faster typing
• Prediction suggestions with symbols to help with word recognition
• Word list grids for large topics
• Copy sentences to use with Twitter, Facebook, etc
SYMBOL TALKER A and B
• Dynamic screen AAC
• Uses Widgit symbols
• Over 2,000 unique words in over 50 topics
• Two vocabulary sizes (levels A and B)
• Over 1000 vivid photographs
• 42 categories
• Inspirational for education and communication
TEXT TALKER PHRASEBOOK
• Over 100 instant phrases
• 10 topics to discuss
• Quick response buttons for answering questions
Grid Player is suitable for people with a wide range of disabilities, including cerebral palsy, motor-neurone disease (ALS), autism, apraxia, traumatic brain injury, stroke and deafness. It can also be used in education for people with learning difficulties or special needs, and with young children.
All over the world, thousands of people are communicating with The Grid 2 from Sensory Software. Install Grid Player and you can join the conversation today!
Talk To Me Technologies Proprietary Vocabulary Files
Created by our team of experienced staff SLPs, our popular vocabulary files for children, teens and adults include:
▪ Zoom™ ▪ QuickStep™ ▪ OnWord™