For children and adults with complex communication needs.
(Autism, cerebral palsy, ALS, stroke, aphasia, down syndrome and other diagnoses.)
Approved by Medicare, Medicaid, and private insurance programs.
Nova Chat 5
weight: .55 lbs
10-hour battery life
Nova Chat 8
weight: 1.3 lbs
8-hour battery life
Nova Chat 10
weight: 1.95 lbs
9-hour battery life
All the support, training and guidance you need to begin speaking as quickly as possible.
Speed up communication with advanced word, grammar and symbol prediction!
Touch & switch scanning ready.
Page Set Options
Express yourself with the most natural sounding voices available!
SymbolStix® & PCS.
Speed up communication
with advanced word, grammar and symbol prediction!
Be heard! Integrated
high quality amplified speakers
Snap a photo using the
onboard front/rear camera! Personalize with your own custom photos for communication!
table and floor stands available.
Four interchangable color shells included. We'll add your own personal messages so you can begin communicating right away!
Four interchangeable color shells included.
The rubberized, protective shield helps to protect the Nova Chat.
Nova Chat Videos
Simple yet Powerful
Say what you want! Communicate with speed and confidence using this easy-to-use, speech generating device! The innovative detachable speaker can be easily removed and placed on a table or worn around the neck for easy, face-to-face communication.
Who is the Nova Chat for?
The Nova Chats provide an ideal communication solution for children and adults with significant communication difficulties resulting from Autism, Stroke, Brain Injury, ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease), Cerebral Palsy, Parkinson’s, Down Syndrome, Developmental Delays or anyone needing a lightweight, portable communication device.
Portable and Flexible
The Nova Chats are lightweight, portable and super easy to carry and weigh less than 3 lbs!
The Nova Chats are extremely flexible and support a wide range of communication skills and abilities for both children and adults alike. The Nova Chats also support multiple access methods such as touch screen and switch scannng. With amazing, natural-sounding voices from Acapela, users can be assured they are communicating with the best voices available. The lightweight and portable design enables adaptability and flexibility across a variety of communication environments and can easily be attached to a wheelchair.
Plus, the Nova Chats are very simple to customize and use! Following a quick and easy set-up, users are ready to begin communicating in just a few minutes. The Nova Chats enable users to communicate using a range of powerful communication options and an easy-to-learn, intuitive interface. It's packed with many different options to meet a wide range of skills and abilities, yet it's easy to customize with personal phrases and messages, as well.
- Loud-powerful voice output makes it easy to be heard in noisy environments.
- Natural sounding male, female and child voice options.
- Digitized (recorded speech) – great for voice banking and verbal emoticons such as laughter, and other personal expressions (record many hours of digitized messages and sounds).
Features and Available Options
- Android operating system.
- Lightweight – (NovaChat 5.55 lbs, Nova Chat 8: 1.3 lbs, Nova Chat 10: 1.95 lbs).
- Easy to see, bright bright display (NovaChat 5 5-inch, Nova Chat 8: 8-inch, Nova Chat 10: 10.1-inch).
- Adjustable font/symbol size.
- SymbolStix™ are standard symbols and PCS™ symbols are available as an option
- Intelligent word prediction option – enables faster typing/communication.
- Abbreviation expansion option enables faster communication.
- Battery life: (NovaChat 5.10 hour, Nova Chat 8: 8 hour, Nova Chat 10: 9 hour).
- Easy backup/restore.
- Carry case and shoulder strap included.