LAMP Words For Life™
LAMP Words For Life™ is a full English vocabulary augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) language app that combines the power of the PRC Unity® language system with Language Acquisition through Motor Planning (LAMP™) principles and strategies. LAMP™ is a therapeutic approach based on neurological and motor learning principles as well as clinical experiences that address the language development and communication needs of children with autism. It provides a consistent motor pattern for words and a systematic way to develop communication skills allowing for unlimited language growth opportunities. More than 10,000 parents, caregivers, teachers, and clinicians have been trained on LAMP™ worldwide and significant gains in communication ability have been witnessed and documented.
LAMP Words For Life™ app is symbol based for those who are not yet literate; however, those symbols are paired with text to support literacy development. The vocabulary, structure, and teaching approach are based on research and years of implementation with individuals with autism and other developmental disabilities.
- High quality Ivona text-to-speech voices.
- Three developmentally progressive vocabulary files.
- Pre-stored core and fringe words.
- Vocabulary Builder: Allows chosen words to be visible while the remaining vocabulary is hidden.
- Word Finder: Helps the user find where words are stored.
- Ability to store customized vocabulary and edit individual buttons.
- Three vocabulary files within the app support language development from current skill level to throughout life.
- An introductory level features 83 core words that are only one touch away. Core words are those words that are most frequently used in speech and can be used in a variety of settings and activities.
- A transition level requires a second button to be pressed before hearing those initial 83 core words paired with additional vocabulary. This level allows for the learning of extended motor patterns without the visual distractions of the full vocabulary file.
- The full vocabulary file gives the device user access to verb conjugations and word endings such as + s, + er, and + est. It includes 3,000+ words and allows for the customization of personalized vocabulary such as names, favorite foods, and favorite places.