Next-generation eye-tracking speech-generating device.
For children and adults with complex communication and physical needs.
(ALS, cerebral palsy, rett syndrome, muscular dystrophy and other diagnoses.)
Approved by Medicare, Medicaid and private insurance programs. These models are dedicated/locked and do not permit access to features other than communication/speech generation.
18-inch high-definition display
Weight: 6.8 lbs
Battery life: 8+ hours**
All the support, training and guidance you need to begin speaking as quickly as possible.
eyespeak™ eye-tracking camera included. Use one or both eyes.
Touch & switch
We've got you covered!
Peace of mind with our
all-inclusive 3-year warranty.
Page Set Options
Express yourself with the most natural sounding voices available!
Be heard! Integrated high quality amplified speakers.
Snap a photo using the onboard front/rear camera! Personalize with your own custom photos for communication!
Custom wheelchair, table and floor stands available.
Speed up communication with advanced word, grammar and symbol prediction!
Widget & Snaps.
Personalization options for children and adults.Show off your personality and protect your speech device with one of our amazing skins!
Simple yet Powerful
Say what you want – using your eyes! Communicate with speed and confidence using this extra-large, easy-to-use, speech generating device! The eyespeak 18HD's 18″ high definition display provides stunning clarity and brightness for optimum visibility. Sleek and sophisticated technology, the eyespeak 18HD speech device is only 0.7" thick and weighs 6.8 lbs., making it one of the largest, thinnest and fastest dedicated speech-generating devices available. The innovative detachable speaker can be easily removed and placed on a table or worn around the neck for easy, face-to-face communication.
Lightweight and Flexible
The eyespeak™ 18HD speech device is extremely flexible and supports a wide range of access methods, communication skills and abilities for both kids and adults alike. With amazing, natural-sounding voices, users can be assured they are communicating with the best voices available. The lightweight and portable design enables adaptability and flexibility across communication environments. The eyespeak™ 18HD can easily be mounted to a wheelchair, desk or over a bed. Also, features many different access method options such as eye tracking (included), head tracking, trackball, one and two switch scanning, making it a great solution for users with difficulty accessing the touch screen.
Who is the eyespeak™ 18HD for?
The eyespeak™ 18HD speech-generating device was designed to enhance the quality of life for people with communication and physical disabilities. It's an ideal communication device for adults and children affected by ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease), cerebral palsy, rett syndrome, locked-in-syndrome, multiple sclerosis, muscular dystrophy, spinal cord injury and many other similar conditions.
Communicate with ease using an extensive collection of communication options. These options range from very simple, symbol-based vocabulary sets to more advanced keyboards, incorporating word and phrase prediction, as well as core word and phrase-based pages. Exclusive page sets feature vocabulary content, and draw from and incorporate the research of Dr. David Beukelman, Dr. Diane Nelson-Bryen, Dr. Elizabeth K. Hanson and Barbara Collier.
- Loud, powerful voice output makes it easy to be heard in noisy environments.
- Natural sounding male, female and child voice options from Acapela.
- Detachable wireless speaker (range of up to 30 feet).
- Digitized (recorded speech) – great for voice banking and verbal emoticons such as laughter, and other personal expressions. (Record many hours of digitized messages and sounds.)
Features and Available Options
- Windows operating system
- Eye controlled – extreme precision, accuracy and motion tolerant using next generation hybrid eye/head tracking technology.
- 1-16 point calibration
- Binocular & monocular tracking
- Easy to see, bright 18" display.
- Lightweight – only 6.8 lbs.!
- Adjustable font/symbol size.
- Intelligent word prediction option – enables faster typing/communication.
- Abbreviation expansion option enables faster communication.
- Communicate all day with 8+ hours** of continuous use.
- Easy backup/restore.
- Carry case and shoulder strap included.
- Touch screen.
- Eye tracking.
- Head tracking.
- Mouse alternatives (trackball, joystick, etc.).
- Scanning using one or two switches.
- Attach/mount to wheelchair, table, bed etc.
- Custom keyguards available.
*Contact us for complete details on warranty coverage. **Estimated, average battery life (may include optional external battery). 1Excludes external speaker and keyboard, if applicable. Optional accessories and mounts are not included. WordPower, PODDs, AlphaCore, Proloquo2Go, LAMP, TouchChat, GoTalk Now, Predictable, IVONA, Acapela, Nuance, SymbolStix®, PCS, Widget, Snaps, Windows and Apple are copyright of their respective owners.