(Electrical Engineering Technician)
Cedar Falls, IA
Are you excited by creating new things that make a difference in many lives?
Can you take an idea and drive it to completion?
Do you think soldering wires or fiddling with a Raspberry Pi is fun?
If so, please read on!
We’re looking for a technical guru to be at the heart of our fast-paced research and development team, working with a group of talented developers in a high-tech industry.
What we do
We’re a human-centered team that works passionately to help people speak.
Talk To Me Technologies provides a type of assistive technology known as a “Speech-Generating Device” that allows people to ‘speak’ in a synthesized voice. Our technology helps children and adults of all ages with communication differences due to diagnoses like autism, cerebral palsy, Down syndrome, stroke, and ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease).
As a Research and Development Specialist, you will learn everything about the technology behind our exclusive line of speech generating devices so you can…
- Design, develop, and manufacture products and accessories.
- Execute and document testing of new products.
- Provide thorough demonstrations of functionality of new products and equipment.
- Troubleshoot computer and electrical issues.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering Technology or closely related field.
- Knowledge of common application programming languages.
- Experience with PCB design, Arduino, or Raspberry Pi.
What we offer
- Supportive and collaborative culture.
- Comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life insurance).
- Generous paid time-off.
- Leave for family needs, foster care, adoption, bereavement, medical needs & parental leave.
- Growing company with internal opportunities.
If you can quickly gather and understand technical concepts while generating seemingly simple solutions, please send your resume and cover letter to:
Jessica Renze, Director of Project Management.