We want to let you know what we’re doing on our end to protect the health and safety of our customers and staff and provide you with a few things we hope may help make education easier.
Talk To Me Technologies follows the guidelines and recommendations of the CDC at all times https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/index.html Our procedures include the following, and more:
Infection Control and Reporting Protocols
- Airborne and blood-borne pathogens for infectious/communicable diseases
- Employee and client exposure monitoring
- Home care/visits
- Client services staff
- Cleaning and disinfecting equipment
- Hand hygiene
Emergency Preparedness and Management
- Monitoring risks
As durable medical equipment providers, we will continue to provide adequate coverage for patient care and services in the event of interruption of service. Please check this page regularly for any updates with regards to any interruption of service, or as determined by the CDC.
Talk To Me Technologies is accredited with the Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® for Home Care Accreditation by demonstrating continuous compliance with its performance standards. The Gold Seal of Approval® is a symbol of quality that reflects an organization’s commitment to providing exceptional care.
In addition to maintaining the health and safety measures outlined by the CDC and Joint Commission, we have implemented the following extra precautions during the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Remote training and evaluations. Contact your local AAC Consultant or email@example.com for details.
- We can provide our Speech-Generating Devices to schools and clinics at no cost for evaluation purposes with our Clinic Loans.
- Additional policy and procedure audits related to home care, infection control, equipment delivery sanitation and more.
- Shipping box stickers will be provided on the outside of our device shipments to notify the receiver that all equipment, cords and accessories have been sanitized with hospital level disinfectant/germicidal prior to shipment.
- Non-necessary travel to conferences and events has been cancelled.
- For necessary in-person evaluations and training's, we are limiting to as few staff in the room as possible with all personal protective equipment and guidelines followed.
- Staff at our Cedar Falls headquarters have transitioned to working remotely. Essential on-site staff are practicing social distancing and staggering shifts.
For more information, please contact our Corporate Compliance Officer.
Health and Preventative Communication
A social story booklet written for children who use AAC. Easily customize this booklet for any child and any AAC method.
Download (English version)
Download (Versión en Español)